It appears that you do not qualify for Summary Dissolution of the marriage at this time.

Family Code 2320 states that "A judgment of dissolution of marriage may not be entered unless one of the parties to the marriage has been a resident of this state for six months and of the county in which the proceeding is filed for three months next preceding the filing of the petition."

You may be able to wait until one of you has lived here long enough and then qualify for Summary Dissolution.  If you do not qualify, but live in Kern County, we can still help you with other forms of separation and divorce.  Give us a call for a free initial consultation: (661) FAST-HELP. 

This Page Sponsored By
No One Yet :(

Copyright © 2001, Law Offices of George A. Boyle